If you’d like to download the one page pdf of the book club discussion questions please CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD Book Club Questions for “The Thing With Feathers”
- Did you find this story historically authentic?
- The heroine reinvents herself yet keeps her husband’s family name. Would you change your name? Why?
- What would you change about the ending, if anything?
- Is the subject of incest too taboo for YA even though the author wrote the story for Young Adults?
- The preacher gains instant respectability through his claimed religious position. Have things changed today or do we still blithely trust religious leaders?
- Which scene resonated with you the most?
- Did you connect with any characters? Who is your favorite and why?
- What surprises, if any, did the book hold for you?
- Were there any decisions the characters made that you would have done differently?
- Does this book remind you of any other books or movies you have seen?
- Did this story evoke any strong emotions from you? Which one(s)?
- If the author were to write a spin-off sequel, which character would you most like to see continued?
Have a question for the author? Email HistoricalHorseFeathers@gmail.com